In June 25 to 29th 2018, IQLS organised a Laboratory system Implementation workshop in “The Training Hub” located within the IQLS premises.
The Participants were laboratory specialists from three french-speaking African countries, namely Togo, Benin and Côte d’Ivoire. The workshop was therefore organized in French.
The workshop worked around 4 major themes such as: Coordination / regulation, Reference laboratories, Human resource management, training and safety, and quality management systems / external quality assessment programs.
The objective of the workshop is to bring Laboratory specialists from different countries facing similar problems and challenges under one roof and engage them in various group activities and interactions.
At the end of the workshop, each country will be able to count on: Theoretical training and training materials on the 4 themes of the workshop, a 6-month action plan addressing the following: Coordination-regulation Reference laboratories, Management of Human resources, equipment, training Quality Management System, External Quality Assessment.
The workshop was funded by Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC Atlanta), as part of the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA)
Related Projects and News
- Global Health Security Partner Engagement : Expanding Efforts and Strategies to protect and Improve Public Health Globally- Burkina Faso, India, Mauritania, Multicountries- CDC, 2015-2020
- QMS level 1 training in Patna, India
- Biosafety and Risk Assessment Training in INRSP, Nouakchott, Mauritania
- LQSI training for NABL assessors in Delhi
- IQLS participated to the 6th ANISE Meeting (Antananarivo, Madagascar)
- Follow-up mission to support the National Reference Center for viral Hemorrhagic Fevers in Muraz (Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso)
- Biorisk Management Capacity building workshop, India
- Atelier sur la mise en place de systèmes nationaux de laboratoire- Sept 2017
- Laboratory Quality Management System Trainings, Mauritania
- Training on Molecular diagnosis (PCR) in CNERV, Nouakchott, Mauritania