As part of the One Health approach with the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) and CDC-Atlanta, Arnaud Orelle conducted a practical training on molecular diagnosis (by PCR) for animal pathogens in CNERV, Nouakchott, Mauritania on July, 25-29, 2016.
Some theoretical lectures about molecular biology and PCR were given along with a practical review of several processes, encompassing RNA extraction (using manual methods), conventional PCR theory and real-time PCR. Training priority was given to the PCR technique, appropriate quality controls, running conventional PCR and to the interpetation of real-time PCR runs.
We thank and acknowledge the GHSA and the CDC for their support and all the participants, actors, laboratory manager and staff for their collaboration.
Related Projects and News
- Global Health Security Partner Engagement : Expanding Efforts and Strategies to protect and Improve Public Health Globally- Burkina Faso, India, Mauritania, Multicountries- CDC, 2015-2020
- QMS level 1 training in Patna, India
- Laboratory System Implementation Workshop in the Training Hub – IQLS
- Biosafety and Risk Assessment Training in INRSP, Nouakchott, Mauritania
- LQSI training for NABL assessors in Delhi
- IQLS participated to the 6th ANISE Meeting (Antananarivo, Madagascar)
- Follow-up mission to support the National Reference Center for viral Hemorrhagic Fevers in Muraz (Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso)
- Biorisk Management Capacity building workshop, India
- Atelier sur la mise en place de systèmes nationaux de laboratoire- Sept 2017
- Laboratory Quality Management System Trainings, Mauritania