Date: From January 2021 to September 2025
Countries: Armenia, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Moldova, Ecuador, Paraguay, Oman, Pakistan, Thailand
The Global Laboratory Leadership Programme was founded through a multisectoral collaboration of six leading international health organizations, including APHL, WHO, US CDC, ECDC, OIE and FAO. The goal of GLLP is to foster and mentor current and emerging laboratory leaders to build, strengthen and sustain national laboratory systems using the One Health approach.
To help ensure that laboratories can effectively play a critical role in the prevention, detection, and control of diseases, current and emerging laboratory leaders worldwide need specialized training in leadership and management.
In close collaboration with CDC, IQLS provides technical expertise and support to help fulfil GLLP’s vision of empowering national laboratory systems worldwide by implementing the programme and carrying out trainings for laboratory leaders in various countries.
The GLLP targets human and animal health laboratories, as well as laboratories with public health impact (environmental, agricultural, food, or chemical laboratories).
Competencies outlined in the Laboratory Leadership Competency Framework:
- Laboratory System
- Disease Surveillance and Outbreak Investigation
- Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Recovery
- Biosafety and Biosecurity
- Quality Management System
Click here to download the GLLP framework
The list of GLLP Partners:
- Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Project Missions & Events
- Global Laboratory Leadership Programme (GLLP) Launches in Armenia.
- Global Laboratory Leadership Programme (GLLP) Launches in Burkina Faso.
- GLLP in South America: IQLS Conducts Laboratory Assessments in Ecuador with INSPI and AGROCALIDAD.
- GLLP in South America: IQLS meets officials and conducts assessments in Paraguay.