This training was a part of the activities in the action plan proposed by CDC and IQLS in the National Laboratory Strengthening Initiative (NLSI) for public health laboratories at district and state level.
IGIMS (Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences) an autonomous organization located in Patna, Bihar State, connected to All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. IQLS started its collaboration with IGIMS and more particularly with the Virology Departmenent and Dr Nidhi Prasad (HoD of Virology) in March 2018.
During 5 days, Mr. Kachuwaire and Dr. Lévigne provided a training on different topics in relation to Quality Management System implementation to Heads of Department and Doctors from Virology, Microbiology, Biochemistery and Haematology/Cytopathology. At the end of the week, a plan of action was elaborated regarding next steps of the implementation of quality management system within IGIMS laboratories.
Related Projects and News
- Global Health Security Partner Engagement : Expanding Efforts and Strategies to protect and Improve Public Health Globally- Burkina Faso, India, Mauritania, Multicountries- CDC, 2015-2020
- Laboratory System Implementation Workshop in the Training Hub – IQLS
- Biosafety and Risk Assessment Training in INRSP, Nouakchott, Mauritania
- LQSI training for NABL assessors in Delhi
- IQLS participated to the 6th ANISE Meeting (Antananarivo, Madagascar)
- Follow-up mission to support the National Reference Center for viral Hemorrhagic Fevers in Muraz (Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso)
- Biorisk Management Capacity building workshop, India
- Atelier sur la mise en place de systèmes nationaux de laboratoire- Sept 2017
- Laboratory Quality Management System Trainings, Mauritania
- Training on Molecular diagnosis (PCR) in CNERV, Nouakchott, Mauritania