Date: From Sep 26, 2014 to Jun 30, 2015
Currently, Armenian Ministry of Health (MoH) is undertaking a major reform of their laboratory services, aiming at improving their legal framework to respond to international standards of performance (laboratories, methodologies, reagents and kits), implementing a comprehensive laboratory network including precise definition of laboratory levels of activities, implementing quality management systems, and launching external quality assessment program and supervision of the network, allowing the country to move toward compliance with the updated International Health regulations IHR(2005) and OIE requirements.
IQLS will provide technical support organising workshops and training sessions and ensuring mentoring between the sessions.
The activities will be organized around 3 areas
Area 1 – Improvement of laboratory services structure
Area 2 – Proficiency testing and EQA
Area 3 –Quality Management Systems (QMS) implementation
The main goals are to develop and provide the Armenian government with:
- A defined tiered laboratories system including updated testing strategies and methodologies for all levels, methodology validation procedure.
- Defined diagnosis algorithms at national level
- Developed terms of reference for the reference laboratories
- All requested documentation
- A national, functional EQA unit with needed associated documentation (policies, procedures, SOPs)
- Enrolment and participation of reference laboratories to international EQA programs
- Recommendations for regulatory framework improvement
- A roadmap, a simplified QMS training and a guideline for QMS implementation at Marz and local levels
- The project is funded by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
Project Missions & Events
- Closure of Project with final wrap-up around all IQLS activities performed in Armenia to strengthen the laboratory network
- Veterinary Activities and Control Strategies, Armenia, Yerevan
- Practical training to support the Armenian Laboratory EQA Unit (ALEQA)
- Workshop on Brucella Control Strategies, Armenia, Yerevan
- Workshop on selection and validation methods of In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) medical devices, Armenia, Yerevan
- Workshop on References Laboratories & a specific training session on quantitative IQC, Armenia, Yerevan
- Assessment of the Veterinary Laboratory System in Armenia
- Training on Internal Quality Control of Qualitative Tests – Armenia
- Strengthening Armenian Laboratory Network for Diseases Detection, Diseases Surveillance and updated IHR requirements, Armenia
- Mr. Vardan Danghyan became IQLS consultant focal point for Armenia