As part of the Laboratory Quality Management Systems Training and Mentoring in India Project, Antoine Pierson and Arnaud Orelle gave a 4 days training on the Laboratory Biosafety and Risk Assessment, in Guwahati, Assam, India.
Following the LQSI assessment of the microbiology laboratories from eight medical colleges in Punjab and AssamState (phases 1 and 2) in October 2015, some common gaps were identified in Biosafety. The training mainly focus on the main gaps identified over the assessments. The training is also an opportunity for each Medical College Microbiology Laboratory (from Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) laboratory network) to present the implemented correctice and preventive actions since the assessment.
CDC local staff, IDSP staff, Assam State microbiologist as well as representative from Punjab State also participated into the training.
The Project is funded by US-CDC Atlanta (CDC)
Related Projects and News
- Laboratory Quality Management systems- Training and mentoring- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), India
- Strengthening India’s IDSP Laboratory Network
- Training on Laboratory Quality Management System in Chandigarh, Punjab, India
- Biosafety Documentation Development for IDSP Laboratory Network, India
- LQSI Assessment of Microbiology Laboratories from Medical Colleges in Assam State
- LQSI Assessment of Microbiology Laboratories from Medical Colleges in Punjab State
- Training on Laboratory Quality Stepwise Implementation Tool (LQSI) and ISO15189 in Delhi, India
- Dr. Artee Chaudhary became IQLS consultant focal point for India