During the committee, together with local actors and partners, the specific role of Arnaud Orelle was to define the short-term priorities to support laboratoires from the region, as well as reviewing the on-going activities and actions.
Besides, taking into account the international sanitary crisis due to Ebola virus, a review of current initiated actions within the network and by countries was performed, and the short-term strategy to implement was discussed (mobile laboratory)
The committee gathered experts from 5 members states of COI, responsibles from COI, responsibles from animal health surveillance, responsibles from laboratories, responsibles from Vector control and representatives from partners of the project (WHO, IPM, CIRE Océan indien).
Related Projects and News
- Epidemiological Surveillance and Early Warning Management Network project (SEGA Network), Indian Ocean
- Launching of the 4th Regional EQA Survey on Chikungunya and Dengue identification in Indian Ocean
- IQLS continue its technical assistance in Seychelles
- Closure of the 3rd Regional EQA Survey on Chikungunya and Dengue identification in Indian Ocean
- Support for capacity building in molecular diagnostic, Mahé, Seychelles