On-site training for ISO 9001 standards was conducted by IQLS in two RPHLs (Regional Public Health Laboratories) in Ghana. The first session took place in Tamale on 25 to 28 February 2020, and the second session was in Sekondi on 2 to 5 March 2020. The training is part of the CDC/KOICA Ghana QMS implementation project.
The objectives of the training were to:
- Introduce ISO 9001:2015 standard requirements
- Understand process approach
- Develop the minimum documents required
- Apply principles learned and create drafts during the workshops
- Define process indicators
- Checklist for self-assessment
- Define a short term plan of action
The ISO 9001:2015 level 1 training was conducted in the hospital training room in Tamale, and was facilitated for IQLS by Frédéric Marti and Marisha Chandrashekha (IQLS Quality Manager). Thirteen lab scientists from the Tamale PHL were in attendance.
The second training was conducted in the Sekondi laboratory, and was again facilitated for IQLS by Frédéric Marti and Marisha Chandrashekha. Nine lab scientists from Sekondi PHL attended.
On the last day, a plan of action for the two regional laboratories was implemented with deadlines, and will be followed-up on by IQLS Consultant Raymond Fatchu.
IQLS National Lab Specialist Beatrice Van Der Puije and IQLS Senior Lab Specialist Obert Kachuwaire oversaw the training.