On 2 to 6 December 2019, IQLS organized an on-site laboratory assessment training for 12 participants from the Ministry of Health Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
The training focused on:
- Managing and preparing laboratory facility assessment data
- Using GIS in the field of health
- Reviewing the assessment process
- Developing draft tiered levels to be included in the facility assessment tool
- Carrying out assessments for 2 laboratories
The training was a precursor to the facility laboratory assessments performed in February 2020 by IQLS laboratory specialists with the trained Sri Lankan consultants. It falls under the World Bank Laboratory component of the Primary Health Care System Strengthening Project (PSSP).
IQLS Senior Lab Specialist Dr. Abdoulaye Nikièma and Senior Lab Specialist Obert Kachuwaire facilitated the training.